Saturday, January 30, 2010

Works submitted and current projects

I submitted yet another series of works on Friday - the third this month. I also have a few more projects on the table as well as a few projects that are geared at getting me capital on a regular/steady basis to help finance my composition time. First, I am currently assessing the possibility of utilizing skype as well as other online features in giving lessons in composition to beginning composers. With skype as well as other features one can give lessons to students hundreds and thousands of miles away. My other planned project is an online group of musicians, via youtube, to collaborate and premiere works online - via youtube. I'm still examining the potential of the online universe on my physical career and as I see it, there really is no other way to break through without it. I have it set in my planner to come up with a thorough plan for these two ventures this week - my personal deadline is next week. I've already got a few youtube musicians on board and shouldn't have any problems getting more... so STAY TUNED! In other news, I am now collaborating with an east coast DJ. We are working on a few songs together and if things go well I will be receiving 50% of royalties from those songs - which is great news. The schedule of work, however, is 3 days a week and we spend a good 5 - 8 hours on those days working on the tracks... so it's not light work...lol! This month, I have a few more submissions for opportunities to submit to: mata festival, morton gould, and a shakuhatchi performance. So much to do... so little time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment