Sunday, January 10, 2010

Busy Working

I have had a rough past few days. A few of my peers on YC gave me some rather negative reviews of my symphony. I've never been one to take criticism well - especially when it comes to work that I've poured over meticulously. I know it should be something I take in stride - but... lol! Aside from that, I've still been chugging a long working. I have been working on quite a few small works. Completed a short essay for piano, a miniature piece for string quartet, and am now working on 3 bridal processionals on a request from a friend. The bridal processionals are going to be three processionals meant to accompany the brides walk down the aisle. I decided to do away with the traditional bombastic march, alla Mendellsohn and Wagner, and replace it with a more delicate and poignant walk. I'm very pleased with the first of these - and may expand the idea behind this specific 'genre' and add to it. I researched the repertoire available for it and found there's not many pieces at all for this special moment. I'll post links to the finished opus once all three processionals are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment