Thursday, January 7, 2010

A student!

I was talking to a friend in the Philippines the other day. He is a very charitable person - he has set up a program to assist the local youths in his village. The program provides musical instruction and vocal training to impoverished youths. He uses the opportunity to create music to be performed by the choir. Well, he has been struggling with some of the intricacies of music composition. Halfway through the conversation he asked humbly if I could take him under my wing and teach him! I accepted. So the result is now that I have my first student!!! Given the fact that he does charity to the youths there I've decided to give him the lessons free of charge. Hopefully it will give me the experience teaching and I can acquire more students.

No comments:

Post a Comment