Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ideas and new submissions.

I sent off two works this week to two separate opportunities and I finally have a pianist to record one of my works!! I was so excited to receive that news - I admit, I almost cried. Hopefully now, I can get that submission ready and sent in by the February 16th deadline. Going to be cutting it close though! In the interim, I've started work on a new string quartet. I started the piece this evening around 3pm and have been working on it ever since (it's 4am now...lol). I must say this piece is shaping up to be a very good composition. I'm in now about 100 or so measures and am no where near completion. My idea is to have my new chamber ensemble premiere this work at our first concert. I have many other pieces ready for that date.

No comments:

Post a Comment