Sunday, January 3, 2010

Next Project

Finally, I completed my symphony. I still have to polish up the finale in parts - but overall, I'm very proud of the results. I feel the infusion of serial rows as melody worked greatly! This new technique will prove useful, I feel, in future works of mine. This week I have to send off my submissions for two of the projects I have on the table. As the third movement of the symphony was the most well liked by those who reviewed the piece I have decided to submit that as one of my opportunities. Sooo, this week will be busy for me. My next project, still in the works planning wise, may be a full string quartet. I've been listening to those by other composers and am really eager to write a full scale string quartet as opposed to the single movement works of my past. Will see though, I may just write some more piano work.

No comments:

Post a Comment