Monday, December 14, 2009

Orchestral Work

Today, and last night, I started my orchestral work for the next project. The work is coming along quite nicely. I have decided to finally return to a larger scale piece - after a period of focusing on smaller works tendering my orchestral/musical style. The scope of the work so far is massive in sound and landscape. I am very proud of where I am in the process of composing this. My ideas for this work are as follows. The work will be in 4 movements, fitting the classical symphony. Whether or not this work will be a symphony is still in question - though the thought has crossed my mind. The first movement is Allegro ma non troppo (Fast, but not to much). The first theme is broken amongst two thematic ideas. The first idea is a play of a minor second. The second is a series of quarter - half - quarter. Under pinning this is a rhythmic pulse that is new to me - never used before. The second theme is first introduced at measure 48 and is quite noble in sound and scope. I introduce the second theme in a false fugue entrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment