Thursday, December 10, 2009

First submission

Today, I sent off my first submission to a new music ensemble in New York. The work is from a series of short piano pieces that I composed last week. I'm very happy with the series as a whole and each movement independently. The work is in a form called binary form - a sectional form which is comprised of two independent, yet thematically related, sections. The opening section is soft and contemplative. As I listen to it, I get a feeling of time itself - slowly moving from the beginning to the end. The B section is faster and more animated in comparison. On my listening of this section, I got the feeling of man's immortality. The knowledge that we all have short lives in comparison to the vast age of the world and space around us. That's just my interpretation of it.

V. Andante Sostenuto

No comments:

Post a Comment