Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting Established

Classical music for me is a passion unlike any other. Being a composer, I find the intricacies of it to be quite mesmerizing to analyze. When I listen to music, I don't hear just pretty notes or emotions being conveyed. I hear the notes and their relation to one another. I can see the textures that the composer sought to create and am able to 'lose' myself with in them - especially when the texture was well created with many strata. My own music has taken quite a while to gestate and mature. At 29, even, I don't feel that I'm as mature as I musically can be. My music is personal yet public. Emotive, yet restrained. As I turn 30 this next May, I feel that the time has come for me to make my musical creativity a career. The only question is, how does one do that? The purpose of this blog is to chronicle this path that I have chosen to take - from my first steps to (hopefully) my full establishment as a composer.

No comments:

Post a Comment