Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Project Started

Tonight, I spent a good amount of time contemplating WHAT my next work will be. With this third project now before me - to compose an orchestral and a chamber work (both of which must be the BEST representation of me) - I decided to devote time to the orchestral first. The piece, after contemplation, will be a large scale symphony. Something of which I've worked on many, many times in the past - and have completed many rudimentary ones. This one, however, has to be different - I will expect nothing but my best work out of it! The opening is already complete and I have introduced the first theme of the work and am now about to expand on that theme. So far the work is a far cry from my earlier symphonies... this one may truly be deserving of the title itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment