Friday, November 19, 2010

Just a few thoughts.

Today started off like any other for me. Good class this morning. As it progressed though, I began to think back on the events of the past year: loss of my father, going back to school, and yearning for finding my mother who has been missing for almost a decade now. I realized how much I have been through the past eleven months and how much I've been through over the past 30 years. I also look at where I'm at now and think: will I ever get somewhere with my life? Is all I have to deal with ever going to end? I know now, as opposed to ten years ago, that I really do hold my own life in my hands. These two hands that have experienced a lot of the bad the world has to offer. These events have greatly impacted me over the years - they've made me stronger and now, finally, more motivated and determined than I ever have been. I know somewhere Dad is looking down on me, and I want him to know - honestly, that I am doing all I can in my life to make him proud and show him the son that he never got to see. I hope that Mother is somewhere safe and I pray that she thinks of me as I think of her. I love you both, and I know that regardless of what went on between the two of you - that you both loved me and my brother more than we will ever know. As the holiday's are upon me now, I plan on spending them with my family. My nephew, Jacob, is in my life now. My stepmother is in my life now. My Uncle, who is battling so much with his illnesses, is still in my life. And my new family member, Mark, is in my life as well. I am grateful for all of them - I don't think they will ever realize how much. Thank you all for making this year better for me. I love you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment