Thursday, November 11, 2010

Final Movement

I started the third and final movement of my piano quartet yesterday evening. Tonight, I'm not going to work on it so I can let the ideas seep and gestate further in my head. I have to practice two pieces on the piano to record for a promised prize to the two composers of the works. I sponsored a beginner piano composition competition - the goal was to get some new pieces of beginner difficulty level for the piano. Since I was taking piano courses, I figured it'd be a nice way to practice as well as promote the work of other emerging/young composers. Once I have them polished up, I plan to post them on Youtube, Facebook, the forum, and this blog!

The third movement so far, is very energetic/chaotic. I call it my study in madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment