Friday, February 19, 2010

Writer's Block

So, I sat down today to start work on my submission for the Cabrillo Festival this year. Well, I had a good work started and was in a good 50 bars... then I opened up Young Composers and read the dialog on the shoutbox - about how one of the composers there should 'embrace' the modernity and utilize more modern techniques in his music AND forget totally about all of the traditional 'blah' that came before. Since my music is very traditional in some aspects... well, a lot of aspects... it got me down. SO.. now I have writers block. I just don't know whether I should abandon my grasp on tradition or maintain it boldly. I just don't care for much modern sounds. They grate on my ears and don't sound overly musical at all to me. Sometimes I wonder why I should even bother...

No comments:

Post a Comment